苏州夜网,苏州桑拿,苏州性息论坛 Powered by Shengwan!

Nokia 3310 throwback phone is officially coming to China

13/07/2019 | 苏州夜网 | Permalink

A new version of the Nokia 3310 is coming to . A new version of the classic Nokia 3310 mobile phone will launch in in October, complete with a customisable retro interface, an MP3 player and of course a version of the classic mobile game Snake.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

The homage to the legendary early-2000s brick phone wasoriginally announced early this yearby HMD Global, the Finnish company behind therecent spate of Nokia-branded phones, but its 2G GSM connectivity made it ill-suited for countries like that had begun decommissioning older mobile infrastructure.

At an event in Sydney on Thursday, HMD revealed that the throwback feature phone had been fitted with 3G capabilities for , and will launch in mid-October for $89.95.

The 3G 3310 looks a lot like the original from the early 2000s, but with a more modern screen.

“Our reimagining of the Nokia 3310 has been a global and cultural phenomenon”, said HMD’s chief product officer Juho Sarvikas in a release.

“In a world dominated by smartphones, the mix of nostalgia and a beautiful phone that just keeps going has captured people’s imagination.

:”Our fans around the world have been asking for this iconic phone to support 3G. Fans asked, we listened, and today welcome the Nokia 3310 3G”.

The phone features a 1200mAh battery that HMD says will let it last for 27 days in standby,6.5 hours of continuous phone calls or around 40 hours of MP3 playback.

It also has a 2.4-inch colour screen beneath a curved window for better visibility in sunlight, a 2MP camera, an LED torch, FM radio, Bluetoothand support for microSD cards up to 32GB.

The move to 3G means the phone doesn’t quite have the longevityof the 2G version HMD announced in February, which could last for 22 hours of talk time, but the upside will be better connectivity.

Now that it doesn’t have to rely on ancient internet services like GPRS and EDGE, the 3310 3G should offer a basic but competent internet browsing experience through its built-in Opera Mini app.

The resurrected 3310 looks like it will be perfect as a second phone to take to festivals or other players that can be dangerous for a $1000 slab of glass and aluminium.

It will also no doubt find a home with those who prefer texting with a numerical pad toswiping around touchscreens. However it remains to be seen whether the new 3310, likeitsnear-unbreakable namesake, is built towithstanda decade and a half of punishment and keep working.

Newcastle Jets fans waiting for proof after promising pre-season

13/07/2019 | 苏州夜网 | Permalink

Jets fans waiting for proof SUPPORT: Jets fans at a home game against Melbourne City in December 2015. Picture: Jonathan Carroll
SuZhou Night Recruitment

TweetFacebook Jets fansThe Newcastle Jets appear in a better position on and off the park than they were 12 months ago, but some of the club’s fans are waiting for proof before committing to season tickets.

Chief executive Lawrie McKinna said on Friday that the club wason track to have a similar number of members as last season.

The Jets had 8703 members last season, the sixth most in the league, when they finished with the wooden spoon. They had9266 in 2015-16and 10,003 the year before.

The clubhad sold 7181 2017-18 memberships by Friday afternoon, eight days before kicking off the season against derby rivals Central Coast at Gosford.

“It’s definitely picked up, the season coming closer. There’s a lot more members coming in picking up stuff,” McKinna said.

“The TV and radio campaign’s out there as well.

“I would say after the first game, if you go away and get that first victory, you’re going to get another pick-up as well.

“It will be similar numbers [to last year]. I don’t think it will be any more.

“A lot of members who haven’t been members for quite a few years have joined, which is quite refreshing.”

Newcastle have trial wins over champions Sydney FC, Melbourne City and Wellington under their belts, but coach Ernie Merrick has stressed that pre-season form counts for little.

McKinna said the club was more stable than it was a year ago, when owner Martin Lee took over in June then sacked coach Scott Miller in early September.

“Last year obviously we’d taken over the club and then the Scott Miller situation happened maybe a month out from the season, and that just backed up, and everyone said, ‘Oh, here we go again.’

“This season, touch wood, on the park has been good, off the park has been good.

“Sponsorship-wise we’re tracking OK, membership we’re tracking OK.

“We’ve invested more in the squad,brought in a real marquee player. So things are going along a lot more settled than it was last pre-season.”

Fans will get their first look at marquee midfielder Ronald Vargas in action when he takes part in an intraclub trial game as part of the club’s member season launch at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday morning.

The launch starts at 9am, and the A-League squad will take to the pitch from about 10.30for a game refereed by Merrick.

The Jets have one vacancy on their roster for a Chinese import, but McKinna said that spot was likely to be filled by a young Chinese development player.

“If we can’t get the right kind of player, we might get a youngplayer. He’ll be part of the squad, he’ll be on a full contract, but he’ll be here to learn, to get better.

“He wouldn’t be expected to play in the first team.”

Expressions of interest open for former Newcastle Post Office

13/07/2019 | 苏州夜网 | Permalink

Ailing icon is up for grabs SITTING IDLE: The former Newcastle Post Office building was once the city’s crowning glory but has become an eyesore on the streetscape.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

TweetFacebook The heritage-list former Newcastle Post OfficeThe heritage-list former Newcastle Post Office is open to expressions of interestThe next chapter for one of the city’s most historic sitescould finally be about to be written after expressions of interest for the former Newcastle Post Office were opened on Friday.

However, there appears to be many hoops togo through before the city’s once crowning glory is handed a lifeline.

Colliers International Newcastle are marketing the landmark building, with expressions of interest closing November 16.

Built in 1903, the heritage-listed building at 98-100 Hunter Street is now a decayingeyesore and hopes of restoration havehad many false dawns .

But Adam Leacy, of Colliers International, believed“now is theright time” and said expressions of interest were the first step in what he hoped would see“a positive outcome”.

“The expressions of interest process is a call for proposals, for people to come to us and tell us what they have in mind –whether they want to buy it outright, whether they’d like to do a joint venture,” Mr Leacy said.

The propertyis an asset of the Awabakal Local Aboriginal Land Council, which was put into administration by the NSW government last October. That administration period ends on October 12.

Administrator Terry Lawler and Awabakal Local Aboriginal Land Council chief executive officer RobRussell will liaisewith Colliers International, then take any proposals deemed appropriate to the land council.

“It belongs to the land council and the members were approached before Christmas about what to do with it and they voted to seek expressions of interest, regarding either a sale or development, to see what the market would bring,” Mr Russell said. “The power of the land council remains with members and, ultimately whatever proposal is given to us, if the members don’t vote, it won’t go ahead.”

A spokesperson from the office of Sarah Mitchell, the NSWMinister for Aboriginal Affairs, said “asale of an asset owned by a land council can proceed under an administrator, but any decision will have to be agreed to by the land council’s members”.

How to know whether to sell before buying your new home

13/07/2019 | 苏州夜网 | Permalink

SuZhou Night Recruitment

Deciding whether to sell your current home or buy a new home first is the eternal real estate question. It’s similar to which came first, the chicken or the egg? There is no defining answer. When it comes to property, your best bet is to be as strategic as possible.

It is a stressful time when it comes to selling your biggest asset and moving to new pastures. For any move on the property ladder, whether upsizing or downsizing, the aim is for the process to be smooth.

In a perfect world, the buying and selling aspects would be as close together as possible. But, like anything, the perfect scenario is hard to create.

Ultimately, it depends on whether it is a buyer’s or seller’s market. Ideally the two transactions would occur in the same property cycle.

Rewind a couple of years. In the June quarter of 2015, Sydney’s median house price gained 8.4 per cent, according to Domain data. Since then, the level of growth has slowed, increasing 1.6 per cent in the June quarter of 2017.

This highlights the importance of understanding the market before embarking on your property journey.

In a market swayed towards the buyer, selling your home first is advisable. With no immediate urgency to sell, it can mean you are able to hold out for the best price achievable. Selling first means you know your buying budget for your next home.

You want to avoid forking out interest payments on two loans. It could see the equity you have built start to dwindle. If you do find your dream home before selling, consider leasing one of the homes. Related: Buyer’s agent a major advantageRelated: Considering buying off the plan? Related: Should your home have sold already?

These two words can often horrify homeowners: bridging finance. If you buy before selling, bridging finance can cover the period in which you own two homes. This type of finance can help in a sticky situation, but can be costly and is only for the short term. For some, bridging finance brings far too much stress.

In a seller’s market, it is assumed you should be able to quickly sell, as properties tend to move off the market quickly. Under this market dynamic, buying a home first should be less risky. When, and for how much your home will sell is an unknown. It may place unnecessary pressure on you to accept the first offer without maximising the price.

Whether it is a buyer’s or seller’s market, consider opting for a longer settlement, either for your current home or your new purchase, to allow time to find a new home or sell the old one. Make a choice that suits your personal situation so that the process can be as stress-free as possible.

Dr Nicola Powell is a data scientist at Domain Group. Tweet your questions to @DocNicolaPowell.

‘Contrite’ Nigel Hadgkiss ordered to pay $8500 penalty

13/07/2019 | 苏州夜网 | Permalink

Former building industry watchdog Nigel Hadgkiss has been ordered to pay $8500 for breaching the Fair Work Act.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

In her judgement, Federal Court judge Berna Collier took into consideration Mr Hadgkiss’ contrition and remorse and the fact he had no record of previous contraventions of the Fair Work Act. She also noted that Mr Hadgkiss “has paid a high personal price in the loss of his position as a result of his contravention”.

The Federal Court found Mr Hadgkiss contravened the Fair Work Act by instructing staff not to publish legal changes to right-of-entry rules for unions. He made the admission as a result of legal action brought by the commission’s chief target, the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union.

It was an embarrassing development for the Turnbull government, which used the ABCC as the catalyst for last year’s double-dissolution election.

Justice Collier said Mr Hadgkiss’ conduct exhibited “a degree of carelessness and, indeed, somewhat arrogant ignorance in respect of the truth of information concerning the right of entry of industry participants in an often charged industrial environment”.

She said the “careless conduct” resulted in incorrect information remaining on the agency’s website for several years, “in apparent disregard of the reputational risk” to the agency.

Mr Hadgkiss’ conduct was “at the higher end of the scale of seriousness” in terms of breaching section 503 of the Fair Work Act, she said.

“Taking into consideration the factors I have mentioned, I consider that there is utility in a pecuniary penalty order,” Justice Collier said. “The penalty should, however, also reflect the circumstances of remorse, extra-curial consequences to the director, his co-operation and his record.”

Mr Hadgkiss resigned from his $426,000 job earlier this month after admitting to breaching workplace laws during his tenure as head of the Fair Work Commission’s building industry office. After a two-week transition he officially left the job on Wednesday.

“It brings to an end a 48-year career in law enforcement,” he said in an internal memo. “In no way do I regret any of that time, challenging though much of that journey has been.”

Labor has called for an independent inquiry and has taken aim at Employment Minister Michaelia Cash for putting Mr Hadgkiss in charge of the ABCC last year even though he was at that point already under a legal cloud.

n Council of Trade Unions president Ged Kearney said the fine was “completely inadequate”.”Hadgkiss was a political appointment, tasked with enforcing authoritarian laws, that made work sites more dangerous, despite it not being clear that he had read or understood them,” she said.”The [Employment Minister Michaelia Cash] should resign and stop playing political games with working people’s lives.”

A spokesman for Senator Cash said the government respected the court’s decision.

“The decision by Mr Hadgkiss to resign his position stands in stark contrast to the many CFMEU officials who remain despite numerous court findings against them,” the spokesman said.

The government is now searching for a replacement for Mr Hadgkiss but has appointed Deputy Commissioner Cathy Cato to act in the role. Ms Cato is a lawyer from Victoria who began her career with the n Government Solicitor.